Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Growing Up Some More


It's been a little while since I've written. I thought I should give an update on Johnny's progress as well as Eliza. This time I am going to start with Eliza. She is getting to be such a big girl. She has started to stand all the time, and has even begun to let go of things, and goin' freestyle. She has also begun to climb on things and over things and under things. She is getting to brave, I think, but maybe it is just hard to see her grow up so fast. I miss the days when she was a newborn and I got to hold her, and she was so little. Now she is so independent (she learned that from Johnny), she hardly ever wants to be held. She has begun using some more signs. Here is a list of the signs she has done to some extent or another: Mom, dad, more, milk, horse, airplane, and hat. She is also understanding more sign, which is just so cool. I swear she knows bedtime, because she gets mad every time we sign it to her. She also learned that from Johnny. She has also learned to make the ahhh noise when we practice with Johnny. Unfortunately for Erica, she has just entered a very mommy clingy stage. Erica loves it.
It seems like the longer Johnny has had the processor on, the more he signs. He is picking up signing like crazy, and not just words anymore, but whole sentences. It is so much fun to watch. He signs to us, to other people, to Eliza. The last one is really cute, because he will show her a picture of something and then sign it to her and sometimes he will help her to sign it. It is awesome. He has also started signing when he plays and sometimes he just signs to himself. It has really become a great language for him, and I think it will remain his first choice. He has also done really well with sounds. He has begun mimicking the sounds he hears us practice with him all the time. We talk to him all the time, but mainly he responds to our signing. He is so smart, just unbelievable what he can do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was first amazed when I saw that you, a man actually take the time to post on a blog.
    I loved reading every bit of it! That's great that you and Erica work so hard and dilegently with your kids....they are amazing! I can also tell that you are a great husband and father!

    ReplyDelete