Friday, June 19, 2009

Johnny Goes to University


Yesterday, I brought Johnny to my ASL class at the University.  It was the last day of actual class before the final, and our teacher wanted us to each to bring a show and tell item and describe it to the class using sign language.  I brought Johnny because I thought the other students would think he was cute, and I love showing off how smart he is.  What I didn't expect was how much Johnny enjoyed the class.  He thought it was so cool that everyone was talking the way he does, like he was normal.  
He spent the time before our turn going back and forth between two different chairs and playing with his little super hero toys.  He also would sign all the things that the others brought to class.  He was really interested in what was going on.
Then it was our turn to go.  He walked right up to the front of the class.  I signed for him to sit in a chair and he moved over by the table where he had his back pack and sat down and just looked around and smiled.  I wanted him to try and sign somethings to the class, but he was being shy and didn't want to.  When our turn was over, he moved the chair back to the corner at the front of the class, and then he went back to where we had been sitting and got the rest of his toys and signed that he was ready to go to the car.  It was really cute.  Everyone was really impressed with him and how smart he was.  I am just amazed with how smart he is.  I am so proud of him.
Earlier in the day we brought Johnny to the city library in Salt Lake City.  He loved it.  The children's part was in the basement.  They had different rooms to play in, and one was the crystal cave.  He had on his Superman cape that Erica had made for him, and had just watched Superman II in the morning.  We thought it was pretty cool, because the crystal cave room looked a lot like Superman's Fortress of Solitude, so we got a picture of our little Superman in his Fortress of Solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment